As we’ve reported major UI changes coming to MBAM version 2.1, Malwarebytes Corporation has released the first public beta of Malwarebytes anti-malware 2.1.0 with a new UI and is available to download for testing. All scans will now automatically check for and apply latest database updates, so you’ll always be scanning your system with the latest virus definitions.
During the beta period, you’ll be prompted to download new program updates whenever they’re are available. When you minimize MBAM, its program window will now be minimized to the taskbar instead to the system tray, you can read the other changes below.
What’s new in Malwarebytes 2.1
- Simplified Quarantine flow – threats detected are pre-selected for removal and users are presented with a single “Remove Selected” button. Clicking “Remove Selected” quarantines all checked items. If you uncheck any threats you will see a new dialog asking what action should be taken on the unselected items: Ignore Once, Ignore Always, Cancel.
- Improved malware protection capabilities, including enhanced rootkit detection and removal.
- Addressed numerous issues with Scheduled Scans, including showing the correct date for “Next schedule scan” on the dashboard.
Explorer Context Menu entry still not enabled by default
They’ve not enabled Scan with Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware option to explorer context menu by default, let us see if they will do it in the future beta or final versions. Meanwhile, you can do this manfully by visiting Settings > General Settings, and by selecting ‘Yes’ for ‘Explorer context menu entry’.
- How to Enable Rootkit Scanning and Chameleon Self-Protection in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Where to download Malwarebytes Chameleon File?
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.10.1009 (beta) | 19.1 MB
What’s your take on this beta? Which version UI you like the most? Share your opinions with us in the comments.
Please share this article