When you try to uninstall AVG free antivirus with Identity Protection Service installed, its uninstallation fails and an error dialog will be displayed on the screen explaining the reason: Service ‘AVGIDSAgent’ (AVGIDSAgent) could not be deleted. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to remove system services. That error dialog offers options to Exit and save the log, below are the other details of it.
Error code: 0xC0070643
Error message: General internal error.
Additional message: The removal of the product failed.
Service ‘AVGIDSAgent’ (AVGIDSAgent) could not be deleted. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to remove system services. (0xC0070782)
Context: Uninstallation of AVG, MSI action failed
Go online to learn more about this issue.
You can successfully remove AVG without needing to use its removal tool, here is how.
Fix Service ‘AVGIDSAgent’ could not be deleted Error
1. Open AVG UI, it shows no active components, don’t worry about that,
2. Click on Options > Advanced Settings > Update, select ‘AVG Self-Protection’ and remove the tick mark for ‘Enable AVG Self Protection’ on the right, click ‘OK’.
3. Now open services Microsoft Management Console Snap-in by typing services.msc in Run command
4. Double click on AVGIDSAgent service and select its ‘Startup type’ as ‘Disabled’ from the drop-down (default is Automatic), restart your computer.
5. Now uninstall AVG, it will be successfully removed from your computer without any issues.
This has worked for us, If that doesn’t help, you can try AVG Removal tool then. Have you faced this error? How you’ve resolved? Let us know in the comments.