Recently Microsoft has released KB3034229 update for Windows 10 build 9926 which offers performance and reliability improvements, another new update KB3035129 with the name ‘Windows 10 Technical Preview Update Rollup: January 27, 2015 ‘ has been offered yesterday via Windows Update.
If you’ve not seen the new Windows Store (beta) grey (not green) tile on the taskbar or on the start menu, this update fixes that.
According its knowledge base article it includes the following improvements and fixes.
- Reliability improvements for virtual machine live migrations
- Reliability improvements to prevent some system crashes in SettingsSyncHost.exe
- Reliability improvements to prevent possible data corruption Increased power efficiency to extend battery life
- A fix for an issue that prevents the new Store (Beta) from appearing on the taskbar
- A fix for an issue that could cause users to remain at the “Please Wait” screen when attempting to sign in with a Smart Card connected
- A fix for an issue that could cause virtual machines (VMs) to lose connectivity to virtual hard drives (VHDs)
- A fix for an issue that could cause error 0x8E5E05E2 when installing apps
- A fix for an issue that could cause a delay when opening a new tab in Internet Explorer
- A fix for an issue that could cause the system to fail to resume from sleep when connected to multiple monitors with some graphics drivers
- A fix for an issue that could cause the Start Menu to be improperly registered and fail to launch
- A fix for an issue that prevents launching XBOX Live enabled games that require sign-in, and would incorrectly result in the message, “To use this app, you need to sign in with the Microsoft account that was used to download it.”
- A fix for an issue that could present the user with the incorrect End-User License Agreement (EULA) during upgrade Prerequisites