Dropbox 3 will soon be released for Windows, Mac and Linux, currently at the release candidate stage. What’s new: UI has been rewritten for clients on Windows and Linux helps Dropbox team to “fix a large number of issues/glitches you have reported over the years, improve performance, support high DPI on Windows, a new setup wizard on Linux, and more!”.
File Identifiers, though not visible in this version, enables Dropbox to detect when files have been moved and renamed. This version of Dropbox on Windows supports paths longer than 260 characters. Notification area icons in Windows have been redesigned.
December 9, 2014 update: Dropbox 3.0.3 stable released, download from below.
- Dropbox offers Share button for their web interface
- Dropbox Test Build adds File Identifiers and Long Path Support for files in Windows
What’s new in Dropbox v3.0.0
- Rewrite of the Windows & Linux UI
- File identifiers
- Windows long path support
- New Linux headless setup flow
- Updated splash screens
- New Finder icon overlays
- New Windows notification area icons
- New black and white Mac menu bar icons
If you’re using Dropbox v2.10.52, it will be automatically updated to this version, but it may take more time, better for you to install this version manually.