For the last two days, on startup of the computer, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware premium started showing a notification: ‘Protection Disabled one or more components protection are disabled’ with ‘fix now’ button which does nothing.
When you open Malwarebytes, dashboard shows ‘Your system is not fully protected’ and Real-time protection displays ‘Malicious website protection disabled, Malware Protection enabled’ error (check the screenshot below) and when you try to perform a threat scan, you’ll get ‘The scan failed to run successfully’ error, let us see how to fix all these errors.
- Fix Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Shows ‘Your System is not fully Protected’ Error (This was different to the current one we’re talking in the article )
- Fix ‘Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has stopped working’
Fixing Malwarebytes ‘Malicious Website Protection disabled..’ and ‘Protection disabled’ errors
I. 1. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, in the dashboard, click on ‘Update Now’ button to update to the latest database version.
2. After that, restart your computer, this will fix these errors. If not, go to second method.
II. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware’ and delete ‘rules.ref’ file, restart your computer, MABM will now automatically update you to the latest database version, or click on ‘Update Now ‘button.
III. If the above method doesn’t work uninstall and reinstall MBAM.
- How to Retrieve Malwarebytes ID and License key, if lost?
- How to Add Scan Option for Malwarebytes v2.0 in the Explorer Right Click Menu
Note: It’s the CDN that delivers database updates for Malwarebytes has caused the problem, but not Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.3, FYI, v2.0.2 users also got these errors.
Has that solved the problems for you with Malicious Web Protection of Malwarebytes? Let me know in the comments.