Have you seen this type of error before? Yes!, for Chrome, when you install lower numbered Chrome version after uninstalling the higher one, you get such error on startup. Same is the case with Opera and don’t forget, Opera is now powered by Chromium which Chrome is also based on. Opera shows ‘Your Profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of Opera. Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of Opera.’
Fixing Opera’s Error ‘Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of Opera’
1. The fix is simple, and is same of chrome, of course.
2. Ensure Opera is not open or running in the background, check for its processes on Task Manager and kill if any appears.
3. Make Windows Explorer to ‘Show hidden files,folders and drives’ from ‘View’ tab in ‘Folder Options’.
4. Now Navigate to ‘C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Developer‘ ( am using the Developer version, you could be using different one or stable version)
5. Find ‘Web Data’ file and delete it.
6. Now open Opera, it will, without any issues or error dialogs particularly of that one we’re talking about.
Have you got this error before? How you’ve solved it? Share with us in the comments.