WinRAR, Powerful archive manager has just got better, version 5.10 has been released and available for download. WinRAR 5.10 final has added extraction support for ZIP, ZIPX and 7z split archives. Below are the changes according to Rarlab.
- Fix ‘Cannot create WinRAR.exe’, Error ‘Some files Could not be created..’
- How to install Themes in WinRAR
What’s new in WinRAR 5.10
1 . Added extraction support for ZIP and ZIPX archives using BZIP2, LZMA and PPMd compression.
2. Added extraction support for 7z split archives (.7z.001, .7z.002, …).
3. Added support for AES-NI CPU instructions allowing to improve
RAR encryption and decryption performance.
4. Default theme images are scaled up with better quality in high DPI display mode.
5. Environment variables, such as %temp%, can be used in "Files to add" field of archiving dialog.
6. Switch -ai can be used when creating RAR archive, so predefined values, typical for file and folder, are stored instead of actual attributes. Previously this switch could be used only when extracting.
- How to Create, Open and Identify RAR 5 Archive File
- Trick to Extract files from Multiple WinRAR archives with a Single Click
Note: WinRAR is not free software, you can use its trail version for 40 days, after that you need to purchase license for it, otherwise, you’ll be nagged after that for the same.
Please share this article