How to install Avira Free Antivirus without Avira Client and Online Essentials?, this article answers that question. When you initiate Avira Free Antivirus download from its official website page, a small setup file will be downloaded, when you run it, it downloads and installs Avira Online Essentials and Avira AV one by one by connecting to its servers. Online Essentials lets you manage installed Avira products from multiple devices.
If you’re using only one desktop computer, then Online essentials is pretty is useless and some users having net connectivity issues these days want to install programs offline. So these are reasons for the need of an offline installer for Avira Free Antivirus.
- Avira integrates Protection Cloud into Avira Free Antivirus 2014
- How to Uninstall Avira Client installed by Avira Online Essentials in Windows?
Avira Free Antivirus offers the following features
- Real-Time protection
- Windows Firewall – Allows the configuration of Windows Firewall from within the Avira product.
- Rootkits Protection
- Protection Cloud
- Shell Extension – Allows monitoring of files and folders for viruses and malware directly in Windows Explorer.
The benefits of installing Avira free antivirus 2014 offline
1. Avira Online Essentials or Avira Desktop won’t be installed. Update: AOS also getting installed now.
2. Only three processes will be running, avgnt.exe (Avira system tray application), avgurard.exe (Antivirus Host Framework Service) and avshadow.exe (Antivirus Shadow Copy Service). If Avira is installed online, two extra processes – Avira.OE.ServiceHost.exe. Avira.OE.Systray.exe – gets added to Processes tab on Task manger. More Processes, more resources, so a big big No, No.
Download Avira Free Antivirus offline installer from here.
Update your virus definitions online or offline manually after that, to stay protected from the latest threats.
Please share this article