When you visit YouTube site and attempt to play a video on it, it won’t, instead the video player throws the error ‘An error occurred, please try again later’, let us see how we can make the video to play again on YouTube.
- Enable Media Source Extensions in Firefox for a better YouTube Player
- Google makes HTML5 Player default for Playing Videos on YouTube in Chrome
Fixing YouTube’s ‘An error occurred, please try again later’ error
The YouTube help page says, the video should be played in about 30 minutes (can’t wait? Try in another browser then). Refreshing the page always helps, this worked for me.
And if the error keeps greeting you, try these things
UPDATE March 14, 2016: [Begin: Sign into your Google or YouTube account (both should be same)
- Visit https://www.youtube.com/account_privacy, click on Google Ad Settings,
- Uncheck all under ‘Your Interests’ and change ‘Ads based on your interests’ setting to ‘Off’
- Click on ‘Control Signed out of ads’ and change both the switches on the page to ‘off’
- Install IBA Opt-out by Google extension from Chrome Web Store.
Check if you see the error on YouTube for videos you’re watching, if you’ve done all the steps, it won’t be shown. ?This has been already worked for some.
Note: First check the below steps, then only follow the above update. End]
1. Change video quality to a lower quality setting like 240p or 360p, and try to run the video again by clicking on the Play button.
2. If you’ve opened multiple tabs or windows in browser, keep the video tab open and close remaining ones and try to run the video again.
3. Make sure you’re using the latest version of the browser.
4. Ensure your Flash Player version installed is up-to-date.
6. Clear Cookies and cache– most of the browsers offer options to clear browsing data, you can also use a third party tool like CCleaner or Auslogics Browser Care for that purpose- which may not only fixes the problem, but can improve the speed and performance of the browser.
Have you faced this error? How you’ve resolved it? Share with us in the comments