Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2013 and SharePoint 2013 has been released and available for download from Microsoft Download Center and Microsoft Update. 30 days after this day, all Office 2013 users will get SP1 as an automatic update through Microsoft Update. This Service pack for Office improves stability, functionality, Security and below are the improvements and changes according to Office blog.
What’s new in SP1?
- Compatibility fixes for Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11.
- Better support for modern hardware, such as high DPI devices and the precision touchpad.
- New apps for Office capabilities and APIs for developers.
- Power Map for Excel, a 3D visualization tool for mapping, exploring, and interacting with geographical and temporal data in Excel, is now available to Office 365 ProPlus subscription customers.
- Improvements to the Click-to-Run virtualization technology that installs and updates Office 365 desktop applications.
- SkyDrive Pro is now OneDrive for Business.
After installing this update, you can see Office Program version number listed in installed programs of Control Panel as 15.0.4569.1506 (or higher).
Office 2013 SP1 Direct Download links
Download Microsoft Office 2013 SP1 (32-bit) [643.6 MB]
Download Microsoft Office 2013 SP2 (64-bit) [774.0 MB]
Note: "If you have Click-to-Run version of Office installed, you will be prompted to update automatically to the SP1 version". There is no need to download and install this update from Microsoft Update or Microsoft Download center, those applies to MSI based Windows Installers.
After applying the update you need to restart your computer. Read KB2817430 article for more details.