You can explore Google Earth in three ways: on Desktop, Web and Mobile. You can install it’s application on Windows, Mac and Linux, on Web browsers- Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer- you can install Google Earth plug-in, on Android and iOS devices, you can install their apps. The Google Earth browser plug-in lets you navigate and explore geographic data on a 3D globe and it offers a similar user experience to Google Earth application.
After installing the Earth Plugin in Windows, when you visit that plugin page in Chrome or Firefox browser, it may show an error: ‘ There was a problem with the Google Earth Plugin. Exit the browser (Cmd-Q on Mac; Alt-F X on Windows), then re-open this page to see it in action. If that doesn’t help, you can re-install Google Earth Plugin using this link.’
If exiting from the Browser and reopening the plugin page doesn’t helps, then you can fix this in both Chrome and Firefox browsers without reinstalling Earth Plugin, for that follow the simple steps mentioned below.
Fixing ‘There was a Problem with Google Earth Plugin’ Error
1. Visit about:plugins in the browser
2. Click on ‘Details’, scroll down to the bottom and for ‘Google Earth’ plugin select ‘Always allowed’ checkbox,
3. Reload Earth plugin page and you’ll see it this time in action without the error.
1. Open Add-on Managers or visit about:addons page, click on Plugins, select ‘Google Earth Plugin’ and choose ‘Always Activate’
2. Now visit Earth Plugin page, it will work.
Note: If the plugin installed correctly Earth Plugin page shows ‘Good news, you already have the Google Earth Plug-in installed.’ message which has nothing do with the error we’re talking in the post. And you can’t install this plugin from Firefox when it is open, ensure to install it from other browser like Chrome.
Please share this article