Opera 17 has entered Next Channel from Developer and is available for download for Windows and Mac and there will be no Opera 17 release for Linux. Opera has decided to postpone Quick Access Bar or popularly known as Bookmarks bar, you can still enable it in Next channel, for details read below.
Opera highlights following features in Opera 17 Next
- More settings and preferences, like startup handling options, manage search engines
- Pinned tabs
- DPI aware on Windows
- Enhanced extensions APIs and possibility to hide extensions button.
Enabling Quick Access Bar in Next Channel
- Visit opera:flags in your browser.
- Find Quick Access Bar flag and select Enabled from drop down menu, restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
- Now open Opera settings page and select “Show Quick Access Bar” under User Interface.
Opera 18 Developer is coming, here is what you can expect
“Opera 18 Developer should be released very soon. Besides Quick Access Bar, Synchronization, you should soon see further work in the area of tabs handling improvements, better autofill, themes, addressbar improvements and many others.”