Downgrading to IE10 or IE9 or IE8 from IE11 is easy. Yesterday, Microsoft has released Release Preview for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7, this will be last Preview version and final version will be released this fall. If you’ve installed IE11 and don’t like it and want to revert/go back to previous version which ever you’re using like IE10 or IE9 or IE8, its damn easy, follow the steps mentioned below.
Before uninstalling IE11, you should know that like IE9 or IE10, IE11 will be installed as an update than as a program.
How to downgrade from IE11 to IE10/IE9/IE8 in Windows 7
1. Open Control Panel>Programs and Features>Programs
2. Click on View installed updates, select Internet Explorer 11 and click Uninstall button
3. Click Yes to Uninstall an update warning and wait for Internet Explorer to get uninstalled.
4. To complete the uninstall process, restart your computer when Windows prompts.
5. Windows makes requested changes to your computer, after system restart, Internet Explorer previous version will be restored.
If you haven’t found IE11 under Installed updates, then you can still remove IE11 forcefully using command prompt, follow the steps below.
Forcefully removing IE11 on Windows 7 through command Prompt
1. Open command prompt as administrator.
2. Copy and paste below command and press enter.
FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*11.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart"
If you get an error during the process, ignore it by clicking OK. And when the blinking cursor appears next to C:/Windows/System32, restart your computer.
We’ve tested both methods and they successfully restored IE10 from IE11.