How to Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free 2014 from your computer?

by Venkat eswarlu on September 10, 2013

in How to

Step-by step guide to uninstall AVG Antivirus Free 2014 from Control Panel. If you’ve installed AVG Antivirus Free 2014 on your computer and want to uninstall the same for reasons to reinstall it or to install another antivirus or internet security suit then, here we’re providing step by step instructions for that.

Uninstalling AVG 2014 from Control Panel

1. Open Control Panel> Programs>Programs and Features

2. Select AVG 2014 and click on Uninstall button

3. AVG 2014 Uninstaller dialog appears on screen and shows “Repair and uninstall options”.

AVG Antivirus Free 2014 Uninstall step 1 thumb How to Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free 2014 from your computer?

4. Since we want to uninstall AVG, click on Uninstall button for “Uninstall AVG”

5. In next step, on AVG 2014 uninstaller window, don’t select “keep me protected with AVG LinkScanner “if you want to remove it. and click on “Next” button.

AVG Antivirus Free 2014 uninstall step 2 thumb How to Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free 2014 from your computer?

6. On Next step, select “Remove user settings ”, and “Remove Virus Vault contents.” and click on Next button

AVG Antivirus Free 2014 uninstall step 3 thumb How to Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free 2014 from your computer?

6. For Uninstall Survey dialog (this may/may not appear for you), you can skip it without selecting any reason by clicking Next button

AVG Antivirus Free 2014 uninstall step 4 thumb How to Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free 2014 from your computer?

7. Wait as program will be removed, you’ll prompted to restart your computer once uninstall successfully completes.

AVG Antivirus Free 2014 uninstall step 5 thumb How to Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free 2014 from your computer?

8. Restart your computer.

AVG Antivirus Free 2014 uninstall step 6 thumb How to Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free 2014 from your computer?

Shelia October 4, 2013 at 6:22 pm

tried all suggestions and still says problem occurred & windows will let me know what to do ,have tried several times & even restarted several times

Venkat eswarlu October 5, 2013 at 6:07 am

Download AVG 2014 from here and run it.
If you need help ask me.

joe patsch October 15, 2013 at 3:18 am

I downloaded the 2014 avg free upgrade and the update after it. When i open the interface it pops up asking me restar or cancel.what’s causing this?and how to resolve this?

Venkat eswarlu October 15, 2013 at 6:44 am

For AVG to apply the update you need to restart your computer. restart it once and start using it.

Rebecca October 16, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Question about what happens after the free trial of AVG 2014. My one month trial is ending and I’d like to downgrade to the free option. Can I do that without uninstalling the whole thing? Thanks.

Venkat eswarlu October 17, 2013 at 7:06 am

I think so, yes you probably can. AVG 9.0 Trial Uninstall initiated allowed to downgrade to AVG free version, so hope same applies to AVG 2014 version as well.
Read : http://techdows.com/2010/07/how-to-downgrade-from-avg-9-0-trial-to-avg-9-0-free-version-without-uninstalling-avg-trial.html

Pat November 30, 2013 at 8:48 pm

AVG has became a crap Anti virus and if you try to delete it you can’t I would say that it is now a malware more then a protection so after using Avg before for years now that’s what I got with that crap 2014??I cannot even remove it , it stick on like glue???