For troubleshooting purposes or to turn on Windows built-in Firewall back, you can permanently disable ESET’s Personal Firewall in Smart Security 7 and here is how to do it. You can always re-enable Personal Firewall once your troubleshooting completes.
Turning off Personal Firewall in ESET Smart Security 7
1. Right- click on ESET Smart Security tray icon and select Open ESET Smart Security 7
2. Once its interface opens, select “Setup” and click on “Enter Advanced setup” on right, you can also use shortcut F5 to open Advanced Setup.
3. In the Advanced Setup dialog window, Network>Personal Firewall>System Integration
4. Choose “Personal Firewall is completely disabled “ click “OK” to apply the changes.
5. Now open Control Panel>System and Security> Windows Firewall and make sure Windows Firewall is turned on.
Re-enabling ESET Personal Firewall
Follow the above from step 1 to 3 and select “All features active” from System Integration drop-down menu and click “OK”to save the changes.
Restart your computer, Personal Firewall becomes active again.