VLC 2.0.7, though a small update for VLC 2.0 series, codenamed “TwoFlower” but it comes with fixes to security issues and improvements for PowerPCs (Mac). VLC 2.0.6 update was offered in April. You can update VLC on Windows or Mac through updater offered in the program or you can download the same manually from Videolan website.
Following Security issues have been fixed in VLC 2.0.7
- Fix two XSS vulnerabilities in the Web UI
- Fix memory exhaustion vulnerability in some playlist files
Other new significant changes in this version for Mac and Windows are
- Fixes track selection for PowerPC machines.
- Fixes audio decoding for WMA Pro, MPEG 4 ALS, APE, MLP and ADPCM-IMA4.
- Fixes audio encoding for MP3 and AAC.
- Numerous translations updates and new Azerbaijani, Kirgyz, Oriya translations.