With Adobe Reader XI 11.0.03 Update Adobe has introduced Signature field detection feature, which upon finding ‘sign’ or ‘sign in’ words in a PDF document automatically displays green bar on top with message “Signature field detected” and prompts to “open Sign Pane”. Unfortunately this version is wrongly detecting and showing green bar even though there are no signature fields in a PDF file, Adobe is aware of this.
Meanwhile you can quickly hide this message by clicking on the icon on left of message bar or you can disable Signature Field Detection feature using registry editor, so that you won’t get that annoying green bar again and again.
You’ve to wait for Adobe to improve the accuracy for their signature detection feature as well they should provide an option to get rid of that message than using registry method which we’re explaining below.
Disabling Adobe Reader XI’s Signature Field Detection feature
1. Open Registry Editor in Windows Run command by typing ‘regedit’, use Win+R to open Run command.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\11.0\FeatureLockDown
3. Right click on FeatureLockDown>New>Key and enter New Key as ‘cServices’
4. Now select ‘cServices’ and on the right pane, right-click for New >DWORD (32-bit) value and set its value as ‘0’ (zero), check the screenshot below.
5. Exit Registry editor, that’s it! Signature detection feature has been disabled and you won’t be annoyed with that message on top even when you open PDF document that contains signature fields.