Kaspersky has made Application Advisor service available in Beta which lets you know details about any file or program. Kaspersky Application Advisor service “provides current and full information about any software known to Kaspersky Lab”. We can’t this with VirusTotal because VT scans suspicious files and and URLs for malware with many antivirus and anti-malware scanners and they keep adding them.
Using Kaspersky Application Advisor: Visit the service site in browser and enter file/program name or checksum in MD5 or SHA1 format or you can upload any file, less than or equal to 5 MB in size to know the complete information about it.
At present, KA Advisor provides following information for a searched or uploaded file.
- File security level, safe or not according to Kaspersky Security lab.
- User Confidence, trust level of file and is determined by number of users who have placed the file in one of trust groups.
- Geographic range.
- Certificate status, information about digital signature of file and about the certificate confirming the ownership of the file to a particular publisher.
- Number of participants in Kaspersky Security Network ran it.
- File details like its original name, vendor, product, file name, file type, size, version and MD5, SHA1 checksums with their added date and time.
Please share this article