If you’ve recently installed latest Avast v8 cleanly on your computer by choosing “Express Settings” during the setup, then you should know that SecureLine VPN service also installed for you along with Avast. FYI, recent minor update 8.0.1488.286 for Avast has added SecureLine VPN service, not free? You need to pay $59.99 per year to use this. So what’s the point of this VPN service installed if you won’t purchase the license and use it? Do you want to get rid of it? Then follow the steps mentioned below.
- How to Uninstall GrimeFighter from Avast?
- How to Uninstall or Remove Avast Online Security from Firefox, Chrome and IE browsers at Once?
Uninstalling or Removing Avast SecureLine VPN from computer
1. On Start Menu click on Control Panel
2. Programs>Programs and Features select Avast Free Antivirus and click on “Uninstall/change” button.
3. On Setup window, select “Change” and click on ‘Next’ button to proceed for Avast Installer to show the installed components.
4. Now Uncheck or deselect SecureLine and click ‘Next’ button for the installer to make changes to Avast free AV you’ve requested.
5. Once the changes are made, “the product successfully updated” message will be shown on the screen, click on ‘finish’ button to exit.
That’s it! SecureLine VPN service which Avast has installed has been removed.
Note: You can try Avast SecureLine VPN service free for 24-hours by opening Avast interface>Security>SecureLine and click on “connect” button on right side and further click on 24-hour trial.
UPDATE: More easier way to uninstall SecureLine VPN with the latest Avast version that has integrated components menu in Avast settings.
1. Open Avast user interface, click on cog wheel to open Settings
2. Click on Components and under Privacy, click on down arrow for SecureLine VPN and click on Uninstall Component.
3. Click OK, done. Avast makes the changes you’ve requested, restart your computer after that to apply the changes.
Please share this article