1.46 version for Piriform File recovery tool Recuva has been released. This version has added folder scan to Explorer context menus and also added new file extensions to filters. Deep Scan for ExFAT and FAT were improved and there are other improvements (including in UI) as well as bug fixes offered with this release.
Recuva version 1.45 was released in February 2012, v1.46 has been released this month, April with minor changes and improvements. With addition of Folder scan you can able to scan a folder for deleted files with a right click by selecting “scan this folder for deleted files”.
Recuva 1.46 release notes
- Improved Deep Scan for exFAT and FAT.
- Added folder scan to Windows Explorer context menus.
- Added new file extensions to filters.
- Improved accuracy of scan statistics.
- Improved usability of folder browser.
- Improved uninstallation of menu items.
- Fixed minor bug in secure overwrite on exFAT file systems.
- Minor improvements to the recovery wizard.
- Minor GUI improvements.
Recuva works on Windows XP/Vista/7/8 on both 32 and 64-bit versions.
Do you use Recuva? which other free file recovery tools do you use on your computer to recover files/documents? share with us in comments.