Few users of XP reported on Avast forums that yesterday released Avast 8 beta version causing their system to slow down, if you’re facing any issues with this right now you can easily uninstall Avast 8 beta and reinstall Avast 7 or other antivirus you’ve previously used. If you’re not able to uninstall this beta version we’ve got you covered-Avast has released uninstall utility for its antivirus 8 beta version also.
Uninstalling Avast 8 from Control Panel
1. Click on Control Panel on Start menu
2. Click on Programs>Programs and Features> select “Avast Free antivirus“ and click “Uninstall/change” button
3. Avast self defense module comes in your way click “Yes” to proceed with the uninstall and further follow instructions on the screen, reboot the system once uninstall finishes.
If you’re not able to uninstall Avast or encountered errors during its uninstall follow the below procedure.
Removing Avast 8 with Awsclear or uninstall utility offered by Avast
1. Download Awsclear and run it.
2. Start Windows in safe mode.
3. Select Avast product and make sure correct path of Avast installed directory is shown on screen and and click “uninstall” button.
4. Avast uninstall utility clears all its program files, folders and registry entries, restart your computer once program successfully removed message was shown.
You can even remove leftovers that missed by Avast uninstall utility with Avast Cleanup tool, you can also give it a try after that.
Have you faced any issues with Avast 8 beta ? share with us in comments.