As SkyDrive has stored one billion office docs till now, on achieving this milestone Microsoft offers a new feature for their cloud storage service users which allows them to share link to recipients which recipients don’t need to sign in with their Microsoft account to edit these. This applies for office web apps: Word, Excel, Power Point and One Note.
To share office docs which doesn’t needs sign-in requirement for others with their Microsoft account
1. If you already signed into SkyDrive with your Microsoft account
2. Select file or folder you want to share, right click on it and select “Sharing”
3. Click on “Get a link” and on right side click on “create” button under “View and edit”
4. Generated link allows anyone to see and edit file you’ve shared.
5. Now shorten the long edit link you want to share and click “Done” button.
Others or your colleagues who received this link needs to click on “Edit In Browser” to start editing file right in the browser without signing-in. However they still need to sign into to their Microsoft account to do things like inserting the picture into document.
SkyDrive shows these unsigned users editing shared doc as “guests” in your account.
You can remove permissions for the shared file at any time then they need to sign into Microsoft account to edit the the file. [Via Office blog]
Do you like this new feature SkyDrive offering for Office web apps? share with us in comments.