Oracle has released Java 7 update 10 for Windows, Mac and Linux and available for download from Java website. This version fixes bugs ,adds Mac OX 10.8 and Windows 8 support and brings new security features to Java. Before letting you know how to disable or enable Java Plugins for all browsers with a single click (Windows only) let me tell you the Security enhancements features offered with this release.
Security enhancements in Java 7 update 10
- The ability to disable any Java application from running in the browser. This mode can be set in the Java Control Panel or (on Microsoft Windows platform only) using a command-line install argument.
- The ability to select the desired level of security for unsigned applets, Java Web Start applications, and embedded JavaFX applications that run in a browser. Four levels of security are supported. This feature can be set in the Java Control Panel or (on Microsoft Windows platform only) using a command-line install argument.
- New dialogs to warn you when the JRE is insecure (either expired or below the security baseline) and needs to be updated.
You can install latest Java 7 Update from here.
Fastest way to disable Java in browsers
Enable or Disable Java Content in browsers with a single click
1. After installing Java, open Control Panel and double click on Java applet to open Java Control Panel
2. Bottom of General tab shows whether Java has enabled or disabled in browsers.
3. Now click on Security tab and deselect or remove tick mark for “Enable Java Content in the browser”
4. Click Apply and Ok, Java Plug-in Settings changed dialog appears to you saying “changes to enable or disable Java content in the browser will take effect after restarting the browser(s)”.
5. Restart browsers if any are already opened to see the changes.
You can’t disable Java much quicker than this, won’t you agree?