Microsoft has released Release Preview of Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 available for download from IE test drive website. This preview brings updated IE10 engine and Do Not Track support enabled by default to Windows 7 much to like in Windows 8. To install IE10 you must have Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 installed otherwise if you proceed with installation you get “Operating system is not supported” warning dialog.
Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview for Windows 7 SP1 is now available
“With this release preview, Windows 7 customers receive all of the performance, security, and under-hood changes that enable a stellar Web experience” says IE blog post.
Here is what’s new in IE10 Release Preview
- IE10 is fast and fluid with improved hardware acceleration
- Smart screen filer and tracking protection have been improved
- built-in spell checker.
System requirements for IE10 release Preview
- Windows 7 32-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
- Windows 7 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
- Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit—512 MB
- Windows 7 64-bit—512 MB
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit—512 MB
Offline installers for IE10 on Windows 7
IE10 RP for 32-bit [22.2 MB]
IE10 RP for 64-bit [42.7 MB]
Please share this article