Update: If Installed Updates not showed IE10 for you then follow the steps mentioned below at the bottom of post in Update.
If you’ve installed IE10 Release Preview in Windows 7 but don’t like it and wants to downgrade to IE9 or IE8 previous version, you can do that by uninstalling IE10 from Windows 7. Since Microsoft offered only release Preview version of Internet Explorer 10 that’s why to test it once you might have installed it and if you want to get back to IE9 0r IE8 browser version you’re using earlier in Windows 7 -some call it as downgrade from IE10 to IE8 or IE9- then follow the steps mentioned below.
IE10 installs as an update rather as a program.
You should know that IE10 will be installed as an update, that’s why it doesn’t appears in the installed programs list shown by Programs and Features instead it appears in “Installed Updates” list.
Uninstalling IE10 from Windows 7
1. Click on Start Menu>Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features
2. Click on on “View installed updates” on the left pane.
3. Once installed updates are displayed on right-pane, select “Windows Internet Explorer 10 “ update and click Uninstall button
4. Click Yes to proceed with the uninstall and further click on “restart now” button to uninstall IE10 and restore previous version of Internet Explorer you’re using earlier that could be IE9 you installed over IE8 or IE8 it self.
Update: If you’ve not found IE10 under “Installed Updates” then you can forcefully remove it using Command prompt, try follow the instructions below.
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Copy and paste the below command exactly as it is and press enter
FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*10.*.mum /c “cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart”
You might get an error during this process, you can safely ignore it by clicking OK. Once run command process completes cursor blinking appears next to C:/Windows/System 32, then restart your Computer.
IE9 or IE8 will be there, if the internet explorer shortcut misses navigate to its directory in Program Files and create shortcut for it on desktop.
I will be happy if this helps. We’ve not tested this below, so users facing this issue can test this and let me know its results.