Are you curious to know when you last installed Windows 8?, A simple command reveals exact date and time of the same. Windows stores its installation date and software installed info in the registry, which systeminfo tool discloses it. Its always good to know Windows installation date before going to reinstall Windows.
Built-in Systeminfo tool in Windows “displays operating system configuration for local or remote machine, including service pack levels”. This information also includes original install date of Windows.
- Microsoft Extends Windows 8.1 Update Install Deadline by another 30 days (June 10th)
- Simple Trick to Find Windows 7 Install Date
Determining Windows 8 Install date
1. Press Win+R to open Run command, and type cmd and press enter
2. Here you don’t need to be running systeminfo tool in command Prompt window with admin privileges
3. Now type systeminfo | find /i “install date” and press enter to see the original install date and time of Windows.
I’ve installed Windows 8 Pro on October 28, 2012- just two days after general availability of Windows 8.
Have you checked your installed date for Windows 8? Which date was it? Share with us in comments.