Is it possible to clear Windows 8 store apps, aka metro apps history? Yes, but the option is buried deep in PC Settings, here is how to find and delete it. Windows 8 apps designed in such a way that they always be running in the background consuming system resources no matter if you close them. Neither Windows built-in disk cleanup utility nor popular CCleaner clears history of apps, so how to delete apps history in Windows 8?, Follow step by step mentioned below.
- How to remove All Default Apps from Windows 8
- Windows 8 App Remover Easily Removes All Installed Modern UI Apps
Deleting Windows 8 Store apps history
1. Use Win +I to open Settings on sidebar
2. Click on “Change PC Settings” at the bottom.
3. Now in PC Settings, select ‘General’ and click “Delete history” on right.
Note: The apps you installed from Windows 8 Store are now officially called as “Windows 8 Store Apps”, so we should stop calling them as metro apps (and also as Windows 8 apps) and of course, Metro UI now being officially called by Microsoft as Modern UI.