When Flash Player 11.3 was released for Firefox with Protected mode it crashed majority of users browsers on YouTube and other video sites and Adobe took a lot of time to fix that. Another major issue in rounds since Flash 11.4.402.265 release almost from 45 days where Flash Player 11.4 continuously crashed Internet Explorer on certain websites with Flash content and it has been finally fixed by Adobe with today’s update Flash Player 11.4.402.287. Most users reported these crashes on Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7 operating system.
Its 11.4.402.25 version culprit for the crashes of Internet Explorer, you’re recommended to download and install this update for IE and non-IE browsers like Opera, Firefox( where Google already pushed Flash update to stable version by fixing other bugs) to browse IE without crashes and stay secure as this update fixes critical vulnerabilities “could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker take control of system “ which were stated in APSB12-22 update.
Below are the issues that are fixed with Flash Player 11.4.402.287 this release
- Crashes when navigating to/from Flash content in Internet Explorer(3328165)
- Unable to package an application using an ANE on iOS, which doesn’t not implement the finalizer function. (3325320)
- Packaging fails with null pointer exception, when packaging an IPA using only the default implementation in the ANE on iOS. (3325321)
- Database data is wiped out for every launch on iOS Simulator. (3329309)
- WIFi Debugging on iOS: Debugging on iOS does not work when network interface is chosen as "Default" for Player Target AIR3.4 (3325323)
Offline installer Links
- You can download this version’s offline installer for Flash Player for IE, non-IE browsers for Windows, Linux and Mac platforms from here.
You can also download and install Flash player from Adobe website online here.