Piriform today has released Defraggler 2.11 version with support for Windows 8. Hard drive defragment tool from makers of CCleaner not only defrags entire hard drive but also the individual files and folders as well. Defraggler latest release adds two new features: minimize to tray for the program and allows moving selected or highlighted file to end of drive with a option on right click menu.
Defraggler can detect SSDs and defrags them as well. Other improvements and bug fixes offered with this update are,
- Improvements to Free space calculation.
- Fixed exclusions in df.exe.
- SSD drives are now handled correctly when drives are queued for defrag.
- Improved drive map block calculation for very small drives
- Shortcuts are now correctly interpreted when calculating fragmentation levels.
- Improved support for /minpercent parameter for df.exe.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.
Defraggler 2.11 supports both 32 and 64-bit of Windows 8, and obviously works on earlier Windows versions such as Windows XP/Vista/7.