We’re written a post two years back on how to update Avira offline, Avira manual update method used to work till Avira 2010 or versions prior to it, with the comments in that post we came to know that method no longer working for Avira 2012. For manual update of 2012 products Avira has released “Avira Manual update tool” which is also known as Avira Fusebundle Generator to create antivirus update archive incrementally.
Avira update utility “creates an archive (fuse bundle) containing the latest engine, the Avira VDF update files and the corresponding Avira antivirus update control files (info.gz).”
Manually Updating Avira with Avira Fusebundle Generator
1. Download Avira Fusebundle Generator zip file from here, extract its contents to a folder.
2. Now in this extracted folder, run Fusebundle executable (make sure you connected to internet) where this tool creates “install” folder and starts to download Fusebundle archive into it.
3. You can see the progress of download in command line window as below, this may take more time depends on your internet connection speed
4. Once the download is completed, dos window disappears now copy vdf_fusebundle zip to USB drive and connect that USB drive to offline PC, copy and paste that file to a folder on desktop.
5. Now open Avira interface by clicking on its tray icon and selecting “Start Avira Free antivirus”, from update menu> select manual update and now select zip file we brought into PC via USB drive.