Recently, I installed AVG 2013 (we’ve reviewed it here, you may want to read) and started using it, today when I tried to uninstall AVG from Control Panel, I got “driver installation failed, setup error”. I’ve used AVG antivirus in the past but never got this error. It is always good to investigate reasons for getting this error, but the installation log saved hasn’t helped much, let us take a look how to fix this.
- Disable ‘AVG Protected you from several threats recently’ Notification
- Disable AVG 2013’s Boot Time Improvement Notifications
Here is what error dialog says
Driver installation failed
Error code: 0xC0070643
Error message: General internal error.
Additional message: The removal of the product failed.
Driver installation failed (0xE0010057)
Context: Uninstallation of AVG, MSI action failed
Go online to learn more about this issue.
1. All you need to do is download and save AVG 2013 removal tool and run it.
2. Your system will automatically restart during AVG removal process, if your PC shows blank screen with cursor a for long time, then you can restart or shutdown your computer using physical buttons on your CPU.
3. Allow AVG remover to run on startup which removes other leftover entries. That’s it! You can now install another antivirus or re-install AVG on your Computer.
By following the steps mentioned above I’ve fixed the error, hope this helps, if you’ve any questions or doubts ask me in the comments.
- AVG 2014: How to Remove “Permanently Shred with AVG” Option from Context Menu
- AVG Browser Configuration Tool Removes AVG Secure Search, AVG Toolbar and Restores Browser default Settings