We’ve covered how to update free Antivirus AVG and Avira on computers offline, today, I am going to tell you how to update another popular free antivirus Avast offline.
In these days, every house supposed to have a system with internet connection, there are rare cases where people use their systems for office Work only and they don’t need to have to be connected to internet, but they want Antivirus installed on their computers to be up-to-date, so that it can find latest threats that enters through USB drives.
Avast labs detects a large number of threats. Avast releases definitions to the users quickly through Steaming Updates, which protects users against the latest threats.
Apart from these, Avast software releases virus definition updates daily, if you’re connected to internet, they will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Updating Avast free antivirus offline
1. Get access to system having system having internet connection, visit http://www.avast.com/download-update,
2. Depending on Avast version you’re using click on download button
3. For instance, if you’re using latest Avast 2017 version (i.e Avast 17), click on download button for ‘Avast VPS Update for versions 12+’
Tip: Clicking about avast in Settings reveals program version number
2. After downloading VPS update file aka vpsupd.exe, copy that file to USB drive.
3. Connect the USB drive to your computer and copy it to a folder and double click on that file to run the update. Your Avast will be updated without needing you to be online.