If you ask why to switch to Microsoft email service? they’ve answers for you.
- You can update your Facebook status, chat with Facebook friends, view their updates and comment right form your Hotmail inbox.
- Hotmail allows you to share lot of photos or other files in one message using SkyDrive, you can’t do this in Gmail.
- Hotmail works great with Microsoft Office. Using the Office Web Apps, Hotmail lets you view and edit Office docs for free right in your inbox. Gmail doesn’t work well with Office (they got Google docs of course.)
- Hotmail allows to schedule sweeping of newsletters, social updates, daily deals where Gmail won’t.
Switching from Hotmail to Gmail in three easy steps
1. Create a new Hotmail account if you don’t have one. You can continue to use other email address by signing up here.
2. You can import email, contacts in Gmail and forward any new email for Hotmail for 90 days using TrueSwitch tool. Import of your emails in Gmail does take some hours when you sign in back into Hotmail.
3. To receive all new messages from Gmail in Hotmail you can connect your Gmail account, here is how .
- In your inbox, click Options and then More options.
- Click Sending/receiving email from other accounts.
- Click Add an email account.
- Provide your Gmail account details.