Security vendor Avast soon to release new program update which affects Free, AV and their internet Security, interim Avast made available beta version 6.0.1351 of their upcoming program update for public testing. This update fixes some issues in v6.0 builds and also adds Avast Market to the new user interface.
Two months back Avast added Script Shield feature exists in their commercial products to free version to Firefox browser which intercepts all scripts executed on your system, now this feature has been added to Google Chrome. Avast free adds extra layer of security and prevents malicious scripts from running in Chrome and Firefox browsers with their Script Shield feature.
Here is what’s new in this program update
- Script Shield now works with Google Chrome, all versions of Firefox and Acrobat Reader
- Improvements in WebRep plugins (especially IE)
- Stability improvements in aswSP.sys and the avast! sandbox
- File system shield: improved on-close scanning
- avast! Internet Security: new antispam engine
- Web Shield and Script Shield: more options in the UI
Very soon to comment on Avast Market as current beta version doesn’t says much about it except “coming soon” message, Avast uses this to display information about commercial Avast products and lets you buy/try them. By default Avast displays Avast Market in its UI.
You can disable it in Avast Community Section under Settings by unchecking or “disabling show Avast recommendation features”.
You can download latest Avast Free AV Beta from here.
Please share this article