We’ve already covered that Piriform added initial support for Windows 8 to CCleaner, now its Recuva’s turn Piriform released Recuva 1.41 version with new content searching and initial support for Windows 8, if you don’t know about Recuva, this freeware app recovers deleted files from your Computer, memory card or MP3 player.
Recuva’s new Content Searching
Recuva now lets you search file contents for specific text, to perform content searching run Recuva and click Cancel button on “Recuva Welcome Wizard” window to access advanced features.
From the screen, select the drive and file types you want to scan for, from Scan drop-down menu select Scan Contents and enter the search string which you wanted to recover deleted files will contain. Click Scan button to perform the scan.
What’s new in Recuva v1.41
- Added content searching for specific text in deleted files.
- Added regular expression matching to the filter.
- Added preliminary support for Windows 8.
- Improved support for BartPE (added new folder creation).
- Fixed filter drop down highlight issue.
- Improved recovery of compressed files from drives with non-standard cluster size.
- Many minor UI improvements.
- Latvian language added.