Windows 7 doesn’t provide any option to list files in a directory, you need to use DIR command in command prompt window to get those list of files with attributes, Simple File Lister is freeware file listing utility lists files in any directory and saves them with their attributes to user chosen CSV/TXT or TSV format.
Using Simple File Lister
Download and install the program to your Computer. Run it, browse for the folder and select the directory in “Target” field and the output file will be saved by default in the specified Target directory.
Click Template and uncheck for “Simple List” to get “File Attribute Option” window. Select the file attributes you want to be displayed for the directory, choose the Output extension format to be saved from .CSV, .TXT and .TSV under “Output Option” and click “OK” to save the changes.
Now click the “play” button to start file scanning and file listing will be done immediately and output file will be saved in the specified directory, which you can use to print list of files for that directory.
Simple File Lister features
- No admin privileges required (default installation)
- Easy to operate
- Come with template creation to easily load / save frequently used settings
- Support multiple instance. More then one application can be run at same time
- Multi-threaded processing. Fully responsive while performing a task
- Multiple directory scanning via Send To shortcut (Windows Explorer context menu)
Simple File Lister works on Windows XP/Vista/7.