Most of Windows users don’t find Google Docs much useful with Microsoft Office installed in their Computers for creating, editing Word document and Spreadsheets, but do you know Google Docs lets you translate PDF files and lets you save translated copy of PDF to your Computer.
Why Google Docs for PDF documents translation but not Google Translate service?
Google Translate lets you upload word or PDF document for translation, but translated version of PDF file contains only plain text which is not convenient and we manually need to copy and paste the translated text into a Word document.
Translating PDF Documents with Google Docs
Update: 1. Visit drive.google.com, sign into it with your username and password
2. Click on NEW > File Upload, select the file from your computer.. after uploading the file, click on ‘Recent’ on left and and select the uploaded file, right click on it and select Open with >’Google Docs’
3. The document will open in another tab, click on Tools > Select ‘Translate document’,
4. Enter the document title, choose a language to translate into and click on ‘Translate’ button (check the screenshot below)
5. Translated document will open in another tab, which you can print or download to your computer.
Please check the update above, don’t follow below instructions or steps, they’re outdated and don’t work.
1. Visit Google Docs in your browser and sign-in into it with your Google account username and password. 2. Click “Upload” button and from its drop-down menu click Files and select PDF file you need to translate via Windows Explorer. 3. From popped up Upload Settings Window select Convert text from PDF and image files to Google Documents and click “Start Upload”. Translating language for the document by default selected for English which you can change from the drop-down menu to other language. 4. Wait for a while for the PDF file to upload, once the upload is finished it appears under “Modified Today “. On selection, that PDF file will be opened and displayed in Google Docs Editor in another tab . 5. In the Google Docs Editor, from the Tools menu select Translate Document, then a Translate Document window pops up 6. In this window, type the name of “Document Title” and choose language you want the document to be translated into and click Translate button. 7. After translation, the translated PDF document will be shown in new tab, now from the File menu, select Download as > select PDF option and translated PDF file will be downloaded to your Computer.