We’ve already covered how to disable Metro UI and Explorer Ribbon with Metro Controller, another freeware portable tool for Windows 8 lets you do this is Metro UI Tweaker. This utility allows to disable Metro Start Menu and Metro Ribbon UI.
Metro UI Tweaker allows to
- Disable Metro Start Menu.
- Disable Explorer Ribbon, need to take ownership of system file for this.
- Disable Metro Start Menu and Explorer Ribbon: Disables Metro Start Menu UI, Ribbon UI, Task Manager UI and the lock screen.
- Enable Metro Start Menu and explorer ribbon re-enables Metro UI features if you disable them.
- Add power options like Log off, Switch User, Lock, Sleep , Restart and Shutdown to Metro Start Menu.
- Add any app/to the start menu: You can add any app or file to Metro Start Menu Screen.
You need to restart your Windows to apply the settings.
Metro UI Tweaker for Windows 8 works on Windows 8 Developer Preview (both 32 & 64-bit).