What is AVG Advisor ? How to Turn off Its Notifications in AVG 2012

by Venkat eswarlu on September 1, 2011

in security,tips and tricks

We’ve covered the release of AVG 2012 products including of AVG Antivirus free 2012, AVG introduced AVG Advisor, a monitoring tool, which monitors for memory usage of Browsers like Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer and notifies you via a popup from the system tray if any Browser uses high memory like as shown below in the screenshot. And this advisor recommends you to close and reopen those applications for faster performance. If you don’t like AVG Advisor notifications, here is how you can turn them off.

AVG Advisor Notification thumb What is AVG Advisor ? How to Turn off Its Notifications in AVG 2012

This is what AVG says about AVG Advisor

AVG Advisor constantly monitors the computer and proactively advises the user with available remedies and optimization possibilities for various computer problems they may have.

Turning off/Disabling AVG Advisor Notifications in AVG 2012

1. Open AVG User interface.

2. From Tools menu, click Advanced Settings and select Appearance Tab on left pane and uncheck for Display AVG Advisor Performance Notifications under System Tray Notifications.

Disable AVG Advisor Notifications thumb What is AVG Advisor ? How to Turn off Its Notifications in AVG 2012

Meena Bassem September 1, 2011 at 10:38 pm

a much better and more efficient method is Uninstalling AVG , it’s really simple :D

Bill October 1, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I have installed/recommended AVG 100′s of times over the years but NO MORE. It has turned into a scam to sell usless services with the PCSCAN and now the Advisor junk. It’s obvious the business model has changed, and not for the better as far as users are concerned. Bye-Bye.

Stephen Medlin October 20, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Iain Marshall October 20, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I still don’t see your problem Bill.
You only need to scan with PCscan once just get rid of the nag, (DON’T CLICK TO FIX ANYTHING THOUGH) and no-one’s forcing you to buy the FULL version of it if you don’t want it.

Plus you can TURN-OFF ‘AVG Advisor Performance Notifications’ as mentioned above.

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

shahjees November 5, 2011 at 7:18 am

problem solved, thanks dude :)

justa guy January 12, 2012 at 8:59 pm

AVG has gone too far, That innocent ” you don’t have to use it or buy it” doesn’t apply, It interrupts my work flow to have any nag pop up in my face when I am working period.

Stop trying to be all things to all people, and drop the innocent crap, you are not fooling any one.
One more thing, don’t save viruses in any file( vault) on the pc they are affecting, they are viruses, and they can escape. My daughters pc crashed, and the viruses got out, they reinfected her pc. what a stupid idea to keep the cancer that caused the problem, were we going to use it again later? Does Bill Gates work for AVG now?

No response necessary, I don’t care, thank you

Bill January 13, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Interesting that my previous response to the question above “What free option would you advise if not AVG? Isnt it still the best free anti-virus as long as you turn off all the other crap?” was not posted. There is another free option that I’ve found very dependable and have been installing. Bill Gates may be responsible of it. ;-)

Venkat January 16, 2012 at 8:26 am

Some how I missed it though comments, You can try free versions of Avast and AVira.

clive rowland March 22, 2012 at 5:00 pm

AVG popup advises that I have high memory use on my computor .
Question is how do I go about rectifying matters if I want (after reading some of the adverse comments)

Help and advice gratefully received – thanks in advance.