Comodo Cleaning Essentials is freeware portable Malware scanner with KillSwitch utility identifies and removes malware, viruses, Trojans, malware and suspicious processes from your Computer. KillSwitch utility similar to that of Sysinternals AutoRuns lets you monitor, identify and stop potentially unsafe processes running in your Computer.
Using Comodo Cleaning Essentials
Download the program zip file to a folder and extract its contents. Run Comodo Cleaning Essentials, you will be presented with its user interface with options to perform full scan, Custom Scan and open KillSwitch.
Once the internet connectivity is detected the program starts downloading virus signature database automatically. One annoying thing is the program’s size is 19 MB where virus signatures database size is 140 MB, something that user may skip downloading.
KillSwitch utility in Comodo Cleaning Essentials is intended for advanced users and system administrators, where Malware scanner can be used any user without need of expert level.
Malware Scanner is on-demand scanner uses Core technology of Comodo Antivirus highly effective in detecting viruses, Trojans, rootkits and other malware in your Computer.
Comodo Cleaning Essentials features
- Allows to terminate, delete, suspend running untrusted process with a single click.
- Uses same Core technology of Comodo Antivirus scanner, on-Demand malware one removes malwares, rootkits, hidden files and malicious registry keys.
- Leverages Comodo’s huge whitelist database to accurately identify the trust status of every running process with minimum false positives.
- Integration with Comodo cloud scanners provides real-time safety verdicts for unknown processes.
- Quick Repair feature allows to restore important Windows settings.
- Can replace Standard Task Manager if required.
You need to register here to download CCE.