Whether you’re using CCleaner in Windows 8 developer preview or not or if you’ve doubt whether CCleaner works in Windows8 or not, it’s official that Piriform’s CCleaner works from now onwards in Windows 8 with the release of CCleaner version 3.11, perhaps the first app to officially support Windows 8, though all apps worked in Windows 7 may still work in Microsoft’s next operating system.
CCleaner installer comes included with Google Toolbar be sure to uncheck during CCleaner installation.
What’s new in CCleaner v3.11
- Added initial support for Windows 8.
- Added expanded Recycle Bin contents in detailed view.
- Improved Thunderbird cache cleaning support.
- Improved Safari history cleaning.
- Improved "Unused File Extensions" registry rule improvements.
- Improved Secure file deletion on FAT32 file system.
- Improved Drive Wiper tool to prevent UI freezing.
- Improved cleaning for Windows Log Files, Memory Dumps, Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010.
- Improved Speedbit Download Accelerator Plus cleaning.
- Added cleaning for AkelPad.
- Added Latvian translation.
- Minor bug fixes.