We’ve covered how to register your Avast Free antivirus to get one year free license key, if you’ve installed and using Avast free antivirus in your Computer, if you purchased or got Avast Pro Internet Security license through a promotion then without the need to uninstall Avast free and install Pro AV/IS to activate it you can directly upgrade from Avast free to Pro AV/IS, here is how.
Upgrading from Avast Free AV to Pro AV/Internet Security
1. Open Avast user interface.
2 . Click “Maintenance” tab on left sidebar to expand and click “Registration”
3. Under “Upgrade” on right-side click “Insert Avast Pro Antivirus/Internet Security license file”
4. Select Avast license file downloaded from your email send by Avast earlier and click “Open” button.
5. Avast shows license file info with details such as license folder name, product name and product validity period and asks you to insert the license file.
6. Click “Yes” If if all goes fine for you, you’ll get “ your license has been successfully inserted” message and Avast automatically downloads necessary files and prompts for Computer restart.
7. After restarting your Computer you’ll be using Avast Pro AV/Internet security.
Note: If you’ve Avast Pro AV/IS setup file available then its better to perform clean install by uninstalling Avast free . Use the above method otherwise if you don’t have Avast Pro/Is setup file.