We’ve covered AVG Removal tool and some other removal tools for various antivirus products, these antivirus programs once installed, gets deeply hooked with the registry and system files to find threats on your computer, that’s why sometimes, their uninstallation fail, or you’ll find hard to uninstall or remove these from Add/Remove Programs in Windows – hence security vendors specifically release removal tools for their security products to completely get rid of them if the user fails to do so from the Control Panel.
Kaspersky Labs has made available Kaspersky Lab Products Remover -“Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab Products”, which helps in removing Kaspersky products from your computer.
Kaspersky removal tool completely uninstalls the following Kaspersky products
- Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer / for File Server
- Kaspersky PURE / PURE R2
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus (all versions)
- Kaspersky Internet Security (all versions)
- Kaspersky Password Manager (all versions)
- AVP Tool driver
Using Kaspersky Lab Products Remover
1. Download Kavremover.zip archive and extracts its contents to a folder.
2. Run Kavremover.exe, enter the code shown in the picture (check the screenshot below)
3. Here you can “Remove all known products” (not recommended option) or select product from the drop down menu, and click “Remove”, wait for the dialog window to show ‘product was successfully removed’ message, after that, restart your computer.
Note: This utility doesn’t uninstall Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0/7.0 and Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0/7.0 in 64-bit systems. This utility deletes activation information, hence you need to activate freshly installed Kaspersky product once again.
NOTE: Some of the contents of this article were re-written and updated on Jan 27, 2017.