Foxit software released Foxit Reader 5 major version with new features and offers integration with Microsoft Office form-filling capability, productivity features such as Split views, user customization and tightened security. User can change the appearance of Reader from four skins.
Annoyances with Foxit Reader 5
Installation wizard pre-checked to to “Set Ask as default search provider and Ask.com as homepage” which user can skip, even though Ask Toolbar will be installed into user’s Computer . Ask toolbar can be uninstalled from Add or Remove Programs or from Programs and Features in Windows 7.
Foxit Reader 5 features
1. Supports XFA form filling.
2. Supports to open the RMS¨Cprotected PDFs with Foxit Reader.
3. Supports to customize shortcut keys for various commands.
4. Supports to reload the opened PDF document that is modified by other PDF tools.
5. The new Split View mode allows you to divide the PDFs into two panes or four panes.
6. Fit Visible mode enables the PDF pages to fit the width of the window.
7. Supports Tabbed Toolbar Mode.
8. Supports 11 different page transition types in the full screen mode.
9. Offers four nice skins for appearance change.
10. Supports to search keywords in the comment and bookmark.
11. Enables you to preview a PDF attachment in Microsoft Outlook.
12. Displays the PDF files in the Windows Explorer as the thumbnails if Foxit Reader has been set as the default PDF viewer.
13. Adds more available command lines.
Source : Foxit Press Announcements