by Venkat eswarlu on April 15, 2011

in tips and tricks,Troubleshooting

We’ve covered about first beta of Advanced SystemCare 4 and 3rd Beta of ASC 4 is available for download now, if you’re using latest ASC 4 beta you can observe Advanced SystemCare Performance Monitor running and shows some rating on right side of screen highlighting CPU, RAM, Disk and Network usage, if you find this annoying you can disable Advanced SystemCare Performance Monitor here is how.

Advnaced SystemCare Performance Monitor thumb What is Advanced SystemCare Performance Monitor ? how to disable it from running

What is Advanced SystemCare Performance Monitor?

Advanced SystemCare Performance Monitor is a feature introduced in ASC 4, based on unique performance criteria from IObit, this tool rates or grades your PC performance from A to D. IF your PC performance at low level this tool offers suggestions to improve performance for example like running Turbo boost module.

PMonitoe.exe in task manager thumb What is Advanced SystemCare Performance Monitor ? how to disable it from running

PMonitor.exe process will appear running the Task Manager in the process list which belongs to Advnaced SystemCare Performance Monitor. You can pin graphic shown by Performance Monitor on the desktop.

Disabling Advanced SystemCare Performance Monitor

By default this tool pre-configured to run at windows startup with ASC and with the launch of ASC also. To disable Advanced SystemCare Performance Monitor

• open ASC UI, click “More” drop-down menu and click “Settings”
  • Select ‘Performance Monitor’ tab on left,  uncheck for “Execute performance Monitor at Windows Startup” and “ Launch Performance Monitor with Advanced SystemCare” Click “Ok” button to save changes.

disabling Advanced SystemCare Performance Monitor thumb What is Advanced SystemCare Performance Monitor ? how to disable it from running

Update: In ASC 6 you can disable Performance monitor by following below steps.

Right click on ASC try icon>Quick Settings>All Settings>General Settings deselect  Enable Performance Monitor.

Sam June 15, 2011 at 3:37 am

Thank you so much i spent so many time trying to block that annoying shit from running on startup :D

jawahar August 2, 2011 at 1:25 am

thanks with hug

James October 5, 2011 at 5:43 am

Thanks a lot

Teejay November 13, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I’m slightly sceptical, it rates my computer a ‘C’ but every other benchmark program is giving it top marks, I have the 4th fastest processor on market, 8gb of the fastest speed RAM and a top scoring Graphics Card.

I somehow have a hunch that if I upgraded or purchased more IObit programs it would rate me higher?

hmm

jc January 5, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Couldn’t agree less. And now it is missing in v5. You can get it by clicking status on the main window. or report.exe in the asc 5 programs folder.

badtudes October 28, 2012 at 8:41 pm

ok ,…it is NOW OCTOBER 2012!!!!!!!!!!
and I just installed version 6(considerably different ‘view’ than #5)………………and as I am usually very careful about all that ‘add-on’ crap I was very surprised when this PM crud popped up—-I have emailed vendor = NO response to my query about how to KILL IT!!!!!!!! V6 does not have your ‘more/settings’ (that I can see) so other than uninstalling it, any options??????????

Venkat October 28, 2012 at 8:52 pm

“PM crud” not getting your question, be clear.

badtudes October 29, 2012 at 4:39 pm

me again…finally heard from asc..heres their answer

Run your ASC V6 => and click on More Settings and Settings on the top right => and click General Settings => and uncheck Enable Performance Monitor.

I ‘think’ I ended up doing this, with a LOT of hunt/peck…dont seem to be seeing it now(and the system IS runniong a little faster now that this no longer ‘lives’!!!!!!!!!!

Venkat October 29, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Its good that you found through help of ASC support, but I don’t use this program on my computer. I reviewed ASC Free v6 recently, but from version to version ASC brings interface changes so the options location also change, we can’t update the post whenever new version releases, unless when notified by readers like you through comments.
So not to trouble other users I am updating the post anyway, and let me tell you I’ve not found any difficulty in finding this.

Michael Weisser March 14, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Ya, I’d like to know what is so damn annoying about the performance monitor? I kinda like having it up there, plus you can minaturize it. Advanced System Care has some really cool stuff.

Venkat eswarlu March 15, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Its not annoying at all, but some don’t like it running on top of their desktop.