AVG launched two new products yesterday AVG LiveKive and AVG Family Safety (Parental control software), AVG Family Safety protects Children from online predators, blocks inappropriate content and sends parents instant alerts if there is any problem.
AVG Family Safety features
- set up separate profiles by child, create unique logins and accounts for every child. Control their use of internet through modes according to their age and maturity.
- Keep kids from adult/sex stuff by enabling 58 categories of protection for over 60 million websites.
- Track kids usage on social networks, restrict access to chat rooms by filtering objectionable content from over 80 social networks
- Limit internet access to children and block apps, games .
- Get detailed email reports about their searches, downloads and know if any illegal sites are accessed by them.
AVG Family Safety is paid application, works in Windows XP/Vista/7 and supported in Firefox, IE and Chrome browsers. There is no trial version available at this moment to try.