Yesterday we’ve covered about Avast 6 free antivirus, I did installed and tested yesterday can’t judge its effectiveness in detecting threats in one day, since it’s Beta version decided to uninstall it. Here is how to uninstall Avast 6 from your Computer.
Uninstalling Avast 6 from your Computer
1. Open Control Panel, click Add or Remove program in Windows XP or Programs and Features in Windows 7
2. Select “Avast Free Antivirus” and click Uninstall
3. Avast shows setup window and asks to make a selection between Change, Uninstall and Update components options, select “Uninstall” and click “Next”
4. Avast warns you is it a user initiated legitimated action or malware action click “Yes button and Avast will be uninstalled.
If you can’t uninstall Avast using above method, you can use Avast Removal tool.
1. Download Avast Uninstall utility and save to your Computer.
2. Start Windows in Safe mode.
3. Open Avast Uninstall utility, select Avast Installation folder and click “Remove”
4. Restart your Computer.