First Beta version of Avast 6 Free antivirus has been released by Avast with Auto Sandboxing technology and available for download for testing purposes. Avast 6 includes virtualization technology to all free users, virtualization technology already made available for paid Pro and Internet Security users Avast 5 version.
Virtualization technology enables people to create a virtual Computer inside their physical machine. If they encounter malware while browsing or running an infected application the virtual computer will shutdown leaving their real computer unharmed A and running.
AutoSandbox a free virtualized environment for testing suspicious code , makes virtualization an easy one-click choice. Auto sandboxing identifies and prompts users to run suspicious application in a safe virtual environment.
Users interested in testing Avast 6 need to install from scratch means upgrading from previous version of Avast won’t work.
Avast 6 new features
- AutoSandbox – suspicious programs will be optionally run sandboxed
- avast! WebRep – browser plugin for website reputation rating; a combination of data from our virus lab and community voting
- Script Shield now even in the Free AV
- Site Blocking now even in the Free AV
- SafeZone – a special virtualized area for sensitive transactions (e.g. secure online banking) (paid products only)
- Restore factory settings command (Settings -> Troubleshooting)
- Automatic actions in the boot-time scan
- New compression method in the installer makes the setup packages about 20% smaller.
- Script Shield now functional even with IE8/IE9 Protected Mode
- Sidebar gadget
- Improved stability/compatibility of the Behavior Shield
- Improvements in the avast! sandbox