We’ve covered first and second Betas of upcoming WinRAR 4 , RARLAB released yet another beta for WinRAR this time with few bugs fixed. WinRAR is powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompresses RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from internet and create new archives in a RAR and Zip file format.
What’s new in WinRAR 4 Beta 3
1. Now switch -ep3 converts not only disk letters, but also UNC paths.
So \\server\share will be converted to __server\share when archiving
and restored to the original \\server\share when extracting with -ep3.
2. Bugs fixed:
- previous beta could fail to unpack self-extracting and multivolume
- "Create a new folder" command always created new folders
in the root archive folder;
- "Remove redundant folders from extraction path" option did not work;
- previous beta crashed when displaying archive comments
with ANSI escape sequences;
- switches -cl and -cu did not work.