Google has integrated PDF Viewer in Beta version of Google Chrome, which allows us to view PDFs right from browser without need to install any PDF Reader or any browser plugin. Chrome 8 stable version will have built-in PDF Viewer. Chrome PDF Viewer will be enabled by default, and your browser plugin for PDF Reader installed will be disabled. Let us take a look how to disable Chrome PDF Viewer and enable Browser Plugin of PDF Reader for Chrome installed in your computer.
- How to Use Google Chrome as PDF Reader even on Offline PCs
- Google Chrome to Open Downloaded PDF Files in It by Default
Chrome PDF Viewer offers only fit page vertical, horizontal, Zoom out and Zoom in, search and print features, where as PDF Reader offers lot of controls and options for a PDF Document inside Chrome browser through its plugin for Chrome. So some reasons to disable Chrome PDF Viewer.
Disabling the Chrome PDF Viewer plugin in Google Chrome
1.Type about:plugins in Chrome’s Omnibox and press enter.
2. Click “Disable” for “Chrome PDF Viewer”.
3. Chrome PDF Viewer will be disabled and third-party PDF Reader plug-in will be activated, from now on PDF files will be opened by that PDF Reader in Chrome.
- Chrome to Block Adobe Reader Plugin by Default, Here is How to always open PDF files with It
- Chrome: “Some parts of this PDF document could not be displayed. Install Adobe Reader?”
Please share this article